J Pure Appl Microbiol | Research Article | Volume 13, Issue 2 | Article Number: 5538

Marisol Hernandez-Ramirez1, Antonio Rivera2*, Fernando Hernandez-Aldana3, Edith Chavez-Bravo2 and Omar Romero-Arenas4

1Posgraduate in Sustainable Management of Agroecosystems, Science Institute of Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla. Building VAL 1, Km 1.7 Carretera a San Baltazar Tetela, San Pedro Zacachimalpa C.P. 72960, Puebla-Mexico. 2Research Center of Microbiology Sciences,, Science Institute of Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla. Building IC11-Ciudad Universitaria, Colonia San Manuel C.P. 72570, Puebla-Mexico. 3Chemistry Center, Science Institute of Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla. Ciudad Universitaria, Building IC8-Colonia San Manuel C.P. 72570, Puebla-Mexico. 4Agroecology Center, Science Institute of Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla. Building VAL 1, Km 1.7 Carretera a San Baltazar Tetela, San Pedro Zacachimalpa C.P. 72960, Puebla, Mexico.

J Pure Appl Microbial, 2019, 13(2):  | Article Number: 5538

Corresponding Author E-mail: jart70@yahoo.com

DOI

Received: 29/03/2019 | Accepted: 04/05/2019 | Published: 15/05/2019

Abstract

Ricinus communis is a plant that is characterized by its different applications, in addition to being a wild plant favors its inclusion in agroecological practices because it does not represent high costs for producers. The aim of the work was to evaluate the bacterial isolates of R. communis with respect to its inhibitory activity, chitinolytic, DNase, solubilization of phosphate, biofilm formation and growth promoting effect in Allium sativum and Medicago sativa. The collection of R. communis leaves was carried, which were washed and disinfected with sodium hypochlorite solution in order to isolate bacteria in nutritive agar. The isolates obtained were identified by PCR amplification with the oligonucleotides RM and RB and the amplified products were sequenced for identification. The following tests were carried out on each of the isolates: growth inhibition vs Fusarium oxysporum, chitinolytic activity, DNase, solubilization of phosphate, biofilm formation and growth evaluation in A. sativum and M. sativa. Ten isolates were obtained that were identified as Pseudomonas 50%, Enterobacter 30% and Bacillus 20%. Growth inhibition evaluations against F. oxysporum showed that Bacillus showed significant inhibitory activity. The total isolates were negative for chitinolytic activity, 50% were positive for DNase, 40% positive for solubilization of phosphate and for biofilm formation 25% promoted weak formation and 10% moderate. Both plant models showed an increase in the biomass of fresh weight and dry weight of their roots when they were inoculated with the bacterial consortium at 50%, 75% and 100%.

Keywords

Castor waste, Pseudomonas, Enterobacter, Bacillus, metabolic activity, inhibition, Fusarium oxysporum.

Article Metrics

Views: 33

Share This Article

Journal Metrics 2017

Source Normalized Impact Per Paper (SNIP): 0.113

SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.123

© The Author(s) 2019. Open Access. This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted use, sharing, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.