The practice of peer review is to ensure that only good research is published. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology (JPAM) is committed to prompt evaluation and publication of fully accepted papers and operates a conventional double-blind reviewing policy in which the author name remains anonymous to reviewers and vice versa. Upon submission of a manuscript, all manuscript undergoes a rigorous review process to ensure a thorough and detailed review by experts in the paper’s interest area. All manuscripts are peer reviewed following the procedure outlined below:
- When a manuscript is submitted to JPAM the Editor evaluates whether the manuscript was prepared according to the guidelines and gives it a manuscript number which should be referred to in any subsequent communications between the corresponding author and the Editor.
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to other journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope of the journal will not be considered for review.
- Papers deemed suitable will then be assigned to at least 2 expert reviewer to assess the scientific quality of the paper.
- All manuscripts are reviewed confidentially by members of the editorial board or qualified reviewers.
- The reviewers operate under the guidelines and are expected to complete their reviews as soon as possible.
- If a reviewer suspects that a submitted paper is a duplicate publication, fraudulent, plagiarized or has other concerns about the integrity of the data or the paper, this will immediately be reported to the Editor.
- Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- The Editor reserves the right to accept or reject any article. All decisions made by the Editor are final.